Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

I am usually very happy with GoDaddy

...but not today.
(Read all the way through, they turned it around.)

Check out this live-chat: (Emphasis mine, only in Blog as such is not available in the Chat)


A product expert will be with you soon. Position in Queue is 1. Thank you for your patience.
You are now chatting with 'Sam'
Sam -
Hey there! Thank you for contacting Sales Chat. My name is Sam, who am I speaking with today?
you -
Good morning Sam.
you -
I am Corry.
Sam -
Hello Corry!
Sam -
how can I help you out today?
you -
On this page: https://www.godaddy.com/coupons.aspx
you -
There is a tab "Domain Deals"
you -
It says"Get the domain that will never go out of style. Just $2.99* was $14.99"
you -
I stepped through an order all the way to the checkout (stopped before processing) but did not see that discount applied. It was $9.99 for the first year and $14.99 for each extra.
Sam -
That is a viral promotion that runs periodically for browsers. We don't have the ability to add that special on our side, but if you find the URL for the special, it allows you to add the domain name to your cart at that price. Those viral promotions are time sensitive and normally are only valid for one-time use. I do not have any more info on that promotion
you -
It's live on your site right now!
Sam -
It's a page that shows up depending on your browser and how you visited the site. I have no ability to add that promotion on my end. It could also be a cached page on your browser, or it could have already been used before.
Sam -
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you -
You're just going to dismiss me like that?!
Sam -
How else can I help you out today?
you -
"Is there anything else I can help you with today?" is a not so polite way of sing "Go away"
you -
So, your site advertised something, failed to give it to me, and you just don't care?
you -
*saying
you -
Can I chat with a supervisor?
Sam -
You can if you'd like, they would also have no ability to add that from our end. Again, it is a customer side only viral promotion.
you -
Let me talk / chat with a supervisor.
Sam -
It can be up to 5 minutes while I get my supervisor for you. I appreciate your patience. One moment

Sam -
Still getting my supervisor, in the meantime I'm checking on what we can do for you.
Sam -
Do you have an account open with us already?
you -
yes
Sam -
May I please get your Customer Number or username, and 4-Digit Go Daddy PIN number to validate into your account?
you -
hold on a moment
Sam -
Sure thing
you -
My account number is ********
you -
I don't know my PIN
Sam -
Click here to find your PIN (link to account security settings)
you -
I'd really rather not type that in chat. I'm in a public place.
Sam -
This chat is very secure, also the PIN is only used by us to validate your ownership of the account. It would help assist you.
you -
But anyone walking by me right now will see my PIN. Tell you what, I'll go to my account and change it, and then change it back later. Just another moment.
Sam -
Sure thing
you -
I just set my PIN to ****
Sam -
Checking on this now. One moment

{HERE IS WHERE IT TURNED AROUND}

Sam -
Back on 8/11/2014 you used the $2.99 promotion for padlockssl.com. That promotion is a one time use only. As a one time courtesy we were able to find and applicable discount for you. That would actually give you the first year for just $1.99
Sam -
Two years would be just $12.34 for brandonbusinesscoach.com (This actually ended up as a better deal than I was looking for)
Sam -
Did you want that on the MasterCard ending in ****?
you -
No, I need to use a ****** card.
Sam -
Click here to show your current payment methods or add a new payment method. (Link to payment methods)
Sam -
Please let me know when you have that added
you -
I was signed in when it showed me that offer. Your system needs an update if it can't tell when an offer has already been used,and therefor not show it to a user.
Sam -
I will notify the appropriate personal with that suggestion.
you -
On second thought, please go ahead and use the MC ****
Sam -
You are accepting our Universal Terms of Service Agreement
Sam -
Domain Name Registration Agreement
Sam -
Can I proceed for the $12.34?
you -
Yes.
Sam -
That is done and I have sent out a receipt
Sam -
have a great rest of your day!
...

No comments: