Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Google Voice

I'll try to give an actual review later on, but I just wanted to post here that I am trying Google Voice. If any of my customers stumbles into this site looking for me, or one of my readers would like to become a customer, my Google Voice number is 813-551-BRAT (551-2728)

I was at first happy just to get a number in my area code. (I am near Tampa, Florida) Then, I was doubly glad to get a mnemonic that fits my company.

So, there it is. Call me if you need me!
813-551-BRAT

In case you don't know, Google voice is, among other things, a call forwarding service where a user can have whatever phone they choose ring when a call is received on the GV number. For me, that's typically going to be my personal cell-phone. I give my customers fairly direct access to me if they need me.

UPDATE:
I forwarded my G Voice number to my cell phone with call screening turned on. By the time I could answer my cell phone and listen to the caller's name, it had gone to voicemail. This only happened once, but that was enough. Can't inconvenience my customers like that. I turned off call screening and so far I like this service.

No comments: