Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

HostGator

I have had more than my share of frustrations with HostGator as I was the lead web developer at my previous employer. Their servers would run excellently for a long time, then be down for 6, 12 or 24 hours with little to no explanation, only apologies.

I seriously considered going with Liquid Web for my new venture, but they don't have the kind of reseller hosting that I'm looking for. The closest they have is what HG sells as "Hatchling, Baby and Business" shared hosting.

So, I'm back at HostGator. I had a question and clicked on their "Live Chat" button. Wouldn't you know it, they gave an estimated response time of 30 minutes!

If you have a decent alternative, I'd suggest something besides HG. I was pretty satisfied with LW for the few months I used them.

NOT AN AFFILIATE WITH EITHER. JUST AND HONEST OPINION.

No comments: