Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

MS Does it right? IE8

I am not a huge fan of Microsoft because I generally don't trust corporate giants and their software tends to bloat.

That being said, I am hearing and experiencing good things regarding IE8. I have heard that it is the most standards compliant browser. That's a good thing right? Not if the site you are visiting relied on old IE7 functionality. Well, that's where the Compatibility Button comes in handy! Then, theres the inPrivate Browsing, and the ability to delete items, one by one, from the address bar MRU.

I hate to admit it, but I kind of like this MS Product. Let's see if my opinion of that remains in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

TecBrat said...

I have been using IE8 and FF side by side for a while now and I find myself using IE8 much more often the FF. I like FF for the DEV tools, but for regular browsing, IE does the trick.

TecBrat said...

Over the years, my taste for IE has diminished. I like Firefox, but I have an issue using it on Linux because flash no longer works. I use Chrome, but it has it's issues too.